Our team has a great experience in biology, statistics and bioinformatics. We are focused mainly on development of methods in clinical diagnostics, analysis of variants, viruses, and transcriptomic analysis, but also provide custom analysis and software development at your service.
Our specializations include detection and downstream analysis of variants. In this area of research, our team has so far published a number of scientific articles in major scientific journals, one of which is the DANTE method of genotyping of short tandem repeats published in the world-renowned Oxford Bioinformatics periodical.
Collaboration with top teams shifts the limits, which we are also aware of at Geneton. One of the areas in which we have achieved success through cooperation are viruses. An important publication on HANTA viruses was published in the prestigious world publisher of Oxford University Press.
Transcriptomic analyses have long been part of our scientific orientation. Of the number of pipelines analysed so far, we have focused mainly on differential analysis and transcriptome assembly. SnakeLines is one of the publications that is a bioinformatic recipe not only for the analysis of the transcriptome but also for a wide range of sequential reads processing, including variation detection or virus identification.
We have long-term focus on biology, bioinformatics and statistics. Today, we know that success can not be achieved only through established procedures. If we want to be innovative, we need to get out of the board, we need to do things differently. That’s why we do have custom analysis at our service.
If you are interested in any of the above services, please do not hesitate to contact us on the form below.
- determination of geographic or historical origin based on variants in mitochondrial DNA and Y-chromosome
Analysis of SNP and indel variants
- genotyping, annotation and interpretation of genomic variants in clinical specimens
- identification of pathogenic variants on the basis of relevant databases
Genotyping of STR polymorphisms
- determining the number of copies of each aliquot of clinically relevant STR loci
- detection of pathogenic expansions
Identification of microdeletion aberrations
- a screening method for identifying the instability of genomic information that is a frequent accompaniment to cancer
- identification of birth defects caused by large structural changes in the genome
Nutrigenomic test (nutrition / sport)
- on the basis of selected DNA variants associated with altered metabolic responses to determine the risk of development of selected metabolic diseases and, in co-operation with the nutrition counselor, to propose dietary recommendations (or exercise plan) to prevent, reduce and stop the progression of these diseases
- determination of predisposition to speed or endurance sports, determination of the risk of sudden cardiac death in increased stress in sports
Identification of known pathogenic viruses
- mapping of reads to reference pathogenic virus databases
- exclusion of erroneously positive results based on unequal coverage of the reference genome, occurrence of repetitive reads, or areas with frequent consistency between remote viruses
Identify unknown viruses
- assembly reads to the contigs
- annotation of contings based on current knowledge obtained from reference genomic databases
- determination of candidate viral contigs based on their sequence composition, presence of viral genes, and homology to reference viral genomes
Determination of sample virus composition
- filtering viral reads from sequenced samples
- taxonomic annotations
- quantitative and qualitative analysis
- quantitative evaluation of the expression of individual genes in genomes known to the genome
- statistical evaluation of expression between different experimental conditions
- create a list of genes with a significant level of expression
Composition of the transcript
- extraction of RNA transcript sequences from RNA-seq reads
- determination of different forms of transcripts due to alternative splicing
- differential analysis between different experimental conditions
Design and implementation of the study
- detailed design of the individual steps of the study
- dimensioning of study scope – number of samples, split into experimental groups
- design of effective laboratory procedures
- design of reliable bioinformatic analysis
- consultation in choosing the appropriate interpretive methodology
Development of supporting tools and applications
- development of bioinformatics tools to solve the problem
- development of support information systems for storage, processing and automated evaluation of analysed samples